- create a coherent educational plan based on your abilities, aspirations, interests, and values (and of course, the University's rules)!
- synthesize complex information from various sources to set and achieve your goals, and to make decisions along the way
- learn the policies so you will meet the academic requirements of your major and minor and general University requirements
- understand Marymount’s mission and the philosophy of the School of Business
- cultivate the intellectual habits that lead to a lifetime of learning
- become a citizen who engages in the wider world around you
These objectives were developed by the National Academic Advising Association. I look forward to working with each of you to meet these objectives during your first semesters at Marymount's School of Business.